Welcome to Canavan Byrne’s Health and Safety, Ireland‘s leading health and safety solutions provider for the Early Years Sector. In today’s highly regulated and legislated early years sector it’s never been more important childcare providers to make health and safety an integral part of their day to day operations.
A RECENT REVIEW OF EARLY YEARS INSPECTION REPORTS SHOW THE SECOND HIGHEST AREAS OF NON-COMPLIANCE IS IN THE AREA OF HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Early Years is not only bound by the Health and Safety Legislation but also by the Health and Safety requirements of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016
At Canavan Byrne’s Health and Safety Academy, we have everything you need to create a safer workplace for staff and the children in your care – expert advice, full safety training, software solutions and much more. We provide our training both in-house, all around Ireland.
We also provide expert advice to suit all your health and safety needs including Safety Statements, Health and Safety Audits and Risk Assessments.
Quick Audit: How Compliant is your Service?
- Do you have a Health and Safety Statement ,reviewed annually and signed off by management? Is it on display?
- Do you have a named Health & safety Officer, First Aid Officer, Fire Warded and Designated Child Protection Person? Are these names and titles on display in a prominent place within your service?
- Do you have a First Aid Responder on site at all times?
- Do you carry out regular formal risk assessments and are these recorded and ready for inspection?
- Do you carry our a risk assessment for outings or for transition from one building to another?
- Are all your staff trained in Paediatric First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, H & S Induction , Child Protection?
- Are the staff who serve food trained in food hygiene/HACCP?
- Do you have an adequate number of staff trained in Occupational First Aid?