We can assist you with paperwork, policies, appraisals and training to benefit your childcare business, retain staff and rely on quality of service. Call (+353) 1-623-5908
What is Performance Management?
Performance management refers to the processes in place which ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. The process involves setting performance expectations, objectives and goals, monitoring progress, measuring results, and appraising and rewarding or correcting employee performance.
Importance of Performance Management in the Early Years Sector
A structured performance management process which incorporates supervision and appraisal, along with programmes for professional development, plays a significant part in the retention and wellbeing of staff and the provision of a quality service.
Benefits of Performance Management
- Assists the employee to understand the organisational values, where the organisation is going and how they can contribute
- Ensures the children receive a quality service
- Ensures implementation of policies and procedures and that performance issues are addressed in the early stages
- Improves internal communication which is vital for the effective delivery of a quality childcare service
- Assists in staff retention
- Lowers rates of grievances, sickness and complaints
- Ensures that the employee meets the organisations objectives and standards
- Promotes clear communication between the organisation and the employee
Being so immersed in the day to day running of the childcare service that employee performance issues are not addressed as they arise, sufficient records are not kept and the different stages of the disciplinary policy are not implemented as required.
It is essential to keep a record of what was discussed and actions agreed.
Performance management will only be effective in the following areas if proper and complete records are kept:
- Internal/external inquiry
Canavan Byrne can provide a range of services in this area including guidance, workshops, paperwork and documentation to support supervisions, appraisals, and discipline matters as necessary, policies and training for supervisors, managers and employers.