Book Your visit today!
1 .A legal obligation - It is a legal obligation under the safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and is also a requirement under the Childcare Act 1991 (Early Years services) Regulations 2016 and the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) (Registration of School Aged Services) Regulations 2018
2. Show commitment: a statement commits the entire setting to maintain a safe environment. Everyone has responsibility!
3. Safe Children: having a Health and safety Statement that staff sign-off to it and carrying out risk assessments and risk checks minimises accidents and helps keep children safe
4. Risk Rich Play: having a Health & Safety Statement and carrying out risk checks allows you do a wealth of exciting risk rich activities with children
5. Safe Employees: showing you care about employee’s safety creates a positive atmosphere
6. Compliance: having a Health & safety statement and risk assessments will ensure compliance in the event of inspection. Then Quality and Regulatory framework sets out what is required for a H & S statement pertaining to an early years’ service.
If you require assistance with the creation of your health and safety statement please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we offer this as part of our health & safety consultancy services.
Please note this service is very busy at the moment as all services registering their school age service (after school) requires submission of their Health and Statement when registering their service so early booking is highly advisable