"Our record keeping solutions will substantially lower the administrative burden of compliance as well as ensure easier, efficient management of your Early Years Service."
Choose from 2 Proven, Reliable Record Keeping Solutions
Fully compliant and regularly updated in keeping with Irish Legislation and best practice in the Early Years sector.
Being compliant couldn’t be easier! To order your records call us today on (+353) 1-623-5908 or fill out this form and we'll call you back during office hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
Ready to Go! Printable Record Packs
All Ready to Go! Printable Record Packs can be purchased directly from the Early Years Shop www.earlyyearsshop.ie
Record keeping forms to keep you on track for
- Child registration
- Daily Room records
- Staffing records
These attractive sets of forms come in ready to use packs and are customised with your logo!
- Download and print yourself OR
- Pre-printed, and we'll post them out to you!
Fully Automated Record Keeping Software
The Early Years Sector is a highly regulated industry and early years professionals are becoming very concerned that the heavy workload in terms in paperwork is taking them away from their primary aim which is to support the educational and developmental needs of children in their care.
Getting systems in order should be a "one-off" task and record keeping software makes that task much easier to perform and keep track of.
Why not call us today on (+353) 1-623-5908 to discuss your requirements and choose the solution best suits your childcare business.
We offer 2 great software solutions for your Record Keeping requirements!
FirstSteps Nursery Management software used by over 2500 private and public Childcare Businesses with a proven track record.
ECCESoft A newer web based application available for a low cost monthly subscription. Includes a free module allowing services to maintain child/parent records in full compliance with Irish regulations. Also handles managing bookings/room registers, calculating fees due, staffing rotas, occupancy/room planning. Fully configured to handle ECCE Free Place and CCS and CETS subvention schemes.
Why Record Keeping?
Early Years services are required to maintain records according to the Child Care (Pre-School Services) (No 2) Regulations 2006, employment and health and safety legislation. This is on top of the requirements of Revenue and the funding authorities.
Common Pitfalls of Record Keeping
- Incomplete records: not all the detail completed on the form
- Children’s records with insufficient data included (e.g. undated or no immunisation records)
- Undated or unsigned records
- Records where full names of staff are not included; for example the names of witnesses on an accident and incident form use first names only
- Initials being used on sleep and other records rather than staff full names
- Records being very disorganised with no system of consistent filing in place
- Records not held securely under data protection regulations