Our Roll Book is updated to be fully compliant with all requirements, fulfilling three critical functions:
- Roll Call
- Child sign-in and sign-out by an adult
- Staff sign-in and sign-out
This Roll Book complies with the requirements of the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016 and the Quality Regulatory Framework (Tusla 2018).
Our Roll Books combine both requirements in one book, fulfilling the criteria of the QRF above as well as recording the staff’s sign-in and sign-out of the room.
As children may arrive and leave at different times it is necessary that all children are signed in and out individually. This Roll Book also anticipates an even stricter regime in relation to DCYA funded places (Pobal compliance) when the Affordable Childcare Scheme is fully rolled out where attendance will be monitored more closely.
The Roll Book contains a record in the front of the book where each child’s data is recorded (including DCYA number, start and finish date, contact details of parents, collectors and emergency contacts).
- Each child is allocated a roll number against their DCYA number and is signed against that roll number each day.
- Each page also has a sign in/sign out section for staff where breaks can also be recorded.
- There are 280 attendance pages and each page also has a sign in/sign out section for staff where breaks can also be recorded.
Roll Book costs €26 and can be purchased directly from the Early Years Shop www.earlyyearsshop.ie