Evaluation is great way to assist in raising standards and ensuring compliance. It will help you prepare for your Tusla (the Child and Family Agency, formerly HSE) Inspection. The recommendations can be used as a Action Plan for your Service and as a means of setting goals for your team.
Mini Audit / Mock Inspection
This entails a half day review in the service followed by a comprehensive feedback report. Canavan Byrne will decide with the provider the aspects that will be audited in advance. Providers may have a particular concern or may require support in a number of specific areas.
Comprehensive Operational Audit
This involves a full day on-site visit followed by a comprehensive feedback report. The service will be reviewed under all areas to include health & safety, sanitary accommodation, the planned environment, programme of activities, sleep areas, nutrition, the kitchen & mealtime routines, staffing, partnership with parents, child protection, information & record keeping and policies.
All audits are carried out with reference to:
- The Pre-school Childcare Services Regulations 2006
- Síolta. The National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education
- Aistear. The Early Childhood Curriculum Framework
- The National Standards for Pre-School Services
- Children First. National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2011