Trainer: Tricia Curtis Public Training €80
Learn to recognise common differences in speech & language development while supporting those children awaiting therapy with helpful activities and resources.
Who is this course for?
- Do you have children with Speech and Language difficulties in your setting?
- Do you understand the type of difficulty they have and what is "normal" for a child of that age?
- Do you struggle with knowing how to best help them?
- Do you want ideas and practical examples of what to do while waiting for a Speech and Language Therapist's advice?
If you've answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you.
By the end of this practical and fun day you'll feel you can:
- Understand normal Speech and Language Development
- Recognise common differences in children’s Speech and Language Development
- Engage children in helpful activities and resources to support them while waiting for appropriate therapy
Tricia Curtis qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist from Trinity College Dublin in 1986. She initially developed her experience working for the health service in Ireland and the UK. She has worked for a period in Australia in an advisory/consultative capacity and in the UK with the Sure Start Initiative delivering universal and targeted training to schools and early years settings. Tricia is passionate about sharing the knowledge and resources to empower all those working and interacting with young children to be confident and competent in promoting children’s communication skills during the vital early years of life. She also has a private practice for individual clients and school based services.
Course Duration and Delivery
Inservice Training Public Training This is a 1 day course when delivered as Inservice Training or Public Training Event.